How to Play Pai Gow Poker: Background of the Game
Pai Gow poker, also known as Double Hand Poker, is one of the most loved casino games in the whole world. Traditionally, the game is played with Chinese dominoes, yet in the gambling world, the latter is substituted with playing cards. It was first introduced in the States in the middle of the 1980s and quickly got popularity in the whole country.
How to play Pai Gow poker is important to know since it is more of a tabletop game against casino than a competitive poker against other players.
How to Play Pai Gow Poker in Australia
Before you learn how to play Pai Gow Poker, you should know that the Pai Gow Poker strategy and rules may differ from one venue to another. However, the basics remain the same.
Layout and Game Goal
The game is normally played with a dealer and six players. The whole purpose of the game is to make two various poker hands – one holding five hands and the other containing two. The two-card hands can be formed with either pairs or high cards. All the hands you form are ranked according to the standard poker rankings. Obviously, the highest position takes Royal Flush – the hand with the top five cards in sequence and the same suit. Before the cards are dealt, bets must be wagered. And your bet must be either equal or higher than the minimum bet of the casino table.
Winning the Bank
If your two-card hand is higher than the five-card hand, you are going to have fouled. Then the casino will decide either to rearrange your hand or call it dead. So that you win, both hands you have must be higher than those of the dealer. If both are lower, you lose. And if one is stronger while the other is not, none of you wins.
Now, when you know how to play fortune Pai Gow poker for money, you must be eager to find out the best online casinos in Vegas, Australia, or wherever you are. Here is the list of top ten online gambling sites in no particular order to try your luck and win the game:
- Play Million.
- Joka Room.
- FairGo Casino.
- Mucho Vegas Casino.
- Joe Fortune.
- Uptown Pokies.
- Planet7 Casino.
Tips to Win Pai Gow Poker
Suppose you know how to play Pai Gow poker casino, have chosen a credible online casino in Australia. What’s next? Do you know how to multiply your chances of winning the game? Well, we have prepared some working tips. Adhering to them, you will significantly increase your chances to win.
- Learn how to play Pai Gow poker well with all its rules and betting patterns: not knowing the basics of the game will be highly problematic during the game.
- Play the bank once you have a chance: playing the Bank can be profitable since the odds for a banker to win are much higher than for all other players. However, you must have enough funds to cover all other players at the table.
- Consider the ratio between the player and banker bets: when playing as the Banker, it is more advantageous to make big bets being in a Player’s position, avoid placing large bets since the Banker always holds the advantage. And remember that whenever the ratio between the Player and the Banker is big, the odds are sure to be better for the latter.
- Watch out when you split your two pairs.
- Don’t play a full house as the upper hand: unlike other poker games, here a full house isn’t favored. You see, this is a good five-card hand, yet it leaves no room for acquiring a better hand.
- If you have a three pair, play the top hand: always use this standard strategy, but when you have only a three-pair hand, you’d better play it at the back while putting the high card in the front.